As I write to you towards the completion of my elected term as president of Les Dames d'Escoffier's New York Chapter, I want to thank you for all your support. It has been a tremendous honor to serve as your president over the past two years.
The many recent, distressing national events have amplified for me the importance of community in solidifying values and creating lives of meaning and purpose.
It is a reminder that our special organization and the industry it serves stands as a center of gravity amidst life's turmoil by giving us a means to support each other, as well as honor those who have come before, and pave the way for those who will come after.
At the upcoming 2018 LDNY Annual Meeting, you will hear all that has been achieved during the past year, thanks to your commitment. And we will share with you some of the outstanding results and new initiatives that will help frame our chapter's positive momentum into the coming year and beyond.
Here are a few of these highlights:
- LDNY will host the annual LDEI conference in Manhattan in October 2020 with a thrilling range of activities, tours, meals and professional development sessions. Chairing the conference will be me, Dames Deborah Mintcheff and Marsha Palanci. We are depending on each and every one of you to share your ideas and willingness to volunteer to make our city and chapter shine as we welcome members from 41 other LDEI chapters. More about that soon.
- LDNY has now grown in size, revenue and sophistication, to the point where we require professional administrative assistance that will enable our volunteer members to focus more aggressively on scholarship fundraising, broader industry issues participation, and the branding and marketing of our chapter. Towards that end, effective November 1st, your Board of Directors has contracted AEC Management to streamline our administrative tasks and create stronger efficiencies within the individual chapter committees.
- An incoming Board of Directors has been elected by the membership that promises to be enthusiastic and energetic in executing new programs and initiatives. The new Directors will be at the annual meeting on November 13th to greet you. Your responses to the LDNY Survey administered during this past year form the basis of what has been and will continue to receive high attention from the Board moving forward.
- Highly successful LDNY initiatives like The Next Big Bite and the brand new SummerDine program are putting LDNY on the map and in the minds of the public, media, and potential sponsors, as never before. These will be expanded and developed even further, with your participation. Finally, I urge each of you to join us at the upcoming 2018 Annual Meeting on November 13th at The Fales Library at New York University. Fales is the repository of LDNY 's important collections, as well as our organization's spiritual home. The meeting is free and open only to New York chapter members and will include a bountiful member “meet and greet” with fine foods and wines served beginning at 5:30 pm.
- After that, from 6:30 - 8:00 pm, we will turn our attention to the chapter's 2018 business outcomes. Brief but impactful presentations will be made by the chairpersons of each permanent and ad hoc committee. You will learn what has been accomplished during 2018 and where we need your involvement in the coming year. We promise to have you out the door no later than 8:00 pm.
- The success of Les Dames d'Escoffier requires representation and participation and doesn’t work without you. Can I count on you to join us on November 13th? It is an exciting time to be a Dame, and never more important than now.
With my very warm regards,
Dame Joan Brower
LDNY 2019-2020 Presidents Letters
LDNY 2018-2019 Presidents Letters
LDNY 2017-2018 Presidents Letters
LDNY 2016-2017 Presidents Letters
LDNY 2015-2016 Presidents Letters